Monday, July 26, 2010

Floral Painting: A Bouquet of Roses

A Bouquet of Roses
oil painting
canvas size: 24 x 28
artist: Rogelio Babanto
My wife is my inspiration to this painting, "A Bouquet of Roses" because Rose in Tagalog [Philippine language] is Rosa [singular]/Rosas [plural]. Rosa symbolizes my love to my wife which Rosa has our names: Ro is Rogelio
and Sa is Salome.
I arranged this "A Bouquet of Roses" very well with the applied principles of art, so it would looked like a two-dimensional effect on canvas, and with a sense of depth by facing some of the flowers towards the back, left, right or top, it made the subject real on canvas.
On the foreground, I added some petals so the subject looked natural, and it moved the bottom of the vase forward while the flowers backward. The subject it's not tilting forward ,but in an erect position with a good balance. rb

1 comment:

Rogelio Babanto said...

Cora Martin Abing Love it! Very nice painting...
Saturday at 8:20am ·
from the Philippines