Friday, August 27, 2010

A Window


A Window
oil painting
canvas size: 18 x 24
artist: Rogelio Babanto
This painting reminded me of my past when I was a kid-1st grade. I was at the window in the house where I was raised up in the Philippines looking at my mother on the street walking away from the house, and I cried so loud so I could be heard her because I wanted to go with her, but instead, she ignored me without looking back on her shoulder to see me. What I did, I punched the lower right corner of the window breaking up the window pane. She looked and went back to the house, and called me,but I was scared,so I ran to the bedroom and hid under the bed; Consequently, she went into the bedroom and found me and she gave me some bread. She asked me, if I wanted to come along with her to the store to buy food for dinner. Without hesitation, I said yes to my mother.---rb

No comments: