Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Boy, Nipa Vendor

Nipa Vendor
canvas size: 24 x 36
oil painting
This was taken in Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines 1995. Aurora was located at the top of the mountain, and it was the place where my wife was born. The Nipa Hut or Vendor was extraordinary, and I was attracted to it. I painted the bamboo post in detailed. At the next picture, you can see the detailed partition of the bamboo. The color of the nipa was brown like a cocoa with milk.
The Boy at the Nipa vendor
oil painting
canvas size: 24 x 36
artist: Rogelio Babanto

The other reason why I did this painting in oil was because of the vendor. It reminds me of my elementary when we had a United Nation day parade just around the Pagadian Central Elementary School. My uniform for the parade was the same as his clothes-- red pants and white shirt with a red scarf-- representing from my country, Philippines.


Nipa Hut



Nipa or Nipah in the Philippines


Nipa Vendor
oil painting
canvas size: 24 x 36
artist: Rogelio Babanto

This was taken in Aurora, Zambo. Sur, Philippines 1995. It was in the hometown of my wife, Mimi, and it's about 30 minutes drive from my hometown, Pagadian city. This Nipa vendor was located next to the house of our godparent in the wedding, Dr. L. Auman. I made this painting because I was attracted to the extraordinary trend in the construction of the store for Nipa.

rb
Nipa hut
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



The nipa hut also known as bahay kubo, is an indigenous house used in the Philippines. The native house is constructed out of bamboo tied together, with a thatched roof using nipa/anahaw leaves.

Nipa huts were the native houses of the indigenous people of the Philippines before the Spaniards arrived. They are still used today, especially in rural areas. Different architectural designs are present among the different ethno-linguistic groups in the country, although all of them conform to being stilt houses, similar to those found in neighboring countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia,and other countries of Southeast Asia.

No comments: